Tuesday 12 March 2013

Laugh Out Loud.

There were many things in life my mum didn't like or didn't approve of. She hated swearing-I swear a lot. She didn't approve of drinking-I drink far too much. And in the main she detested comedians. Well much of my life I was with her on that last one. Most stand ups I simply do not find very funny. Those that are funny in the main swear a lot and that gets tedious after a while.

Much to my surprise, last night I sat and watched "Live at the Apollo"-and by God did I laugh. I'm not sure why I stuck with it but a combination of Omid Djalili, Reginald D Hunter, and Julian Clary had me laughing out loud-that is very rare! Unlike most people I never use that appalling acronym lol on my texts-perhaps David Cameron should have followed my lead a few months ago.

Talking of the PM I was thoroughly unamused when he told the media there will be no cuts to the NHS. Well at the last count my local Mental Health Trust, HPFT was facing a 20% cut in budget. Someone must be lying. They have been laying off staff for months and have had a pay freeze for a couple of years. These are indeed dark times for us.

Back in my life it remains overwhelming-I simply can't keep up. But I am okay. There is a Burmese chicken curry slowly cooking on the hob, I had pancakes earlier, and soon Rick Stein will be on. Off to see dad on Friday weather permitting. It does look bad in Kent but hopefully a big thaw will aid my plan.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment