Saturday 23 March 2013

An Omelette and 2 Paracetamol.

Many a lunchtime in my life is spent perusing the book shops. Actually after the recession few still survive but my passion remains. As you can imagine I have huge collection of cookery books. Each time I visit a shop I see and want more. But there are too few funds. One I do intend to buy though is Elizabeth David's "An Omelette and a Glass of Wine".

Today I had an omelette resplendent with bacon, coriander and gruyere cheese. Way too early for wine particularly after last night. I rarely drink cider but when cooking with it I don't like to waste it. With a chicken in cider casserole on the go I combined the cider with lager for the forbidden snakebite. This morning I recalled why I gave that up years ago. God my head! So it was paracetamol rather than wine that went with y omelette.

This afternoon with headache gone I did some cleaning in preparation for the visit of the man from beyond the sea. The snow did come down in the early hours but the roads are fine so will pick him up later this afternoon. For now though I am listening to Puccini and returning to my great look of books. Just started Jeanette Winterson, an author I have not read before.

I Heard a Voice.

PS Beka has nearly completed the cover for "Charon's Ferry"-it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment