Saturday 30 March 2013

The East Wind Blows.

Have any of you lived by the sea? If you have, are you always drawn back to it? I am. Back in Kent it has been a mix of chaos and beauty. This morning the snow came down surprisingly heavily given that it is the Easter weekend. This afternoon we have a had bright sunshine which made me scurry for my shades. It is after all Kent in late March. But what has accompanied the last few days is a bitter icy easterly wind. And when the wind blows from the east it is cold, oh so cold here. It has kept me away from my beloved sea. I hope I will make it there before I go home.

Today was a mix of planned and unplanned. I met the bipolar Lynne. Great to see her after some time apart. Yet also in the pub were some old friends, nanny Sue and grand-daughter Lola. I think the latter must be about 8 by now. And she is a most precocious child. She announced proudly that she had read my book. Not really a story for 8 year olds. Then she announced she wanted to take my book to school for the teacher to read it to her class. Definitely not a good idea. Actually she is the second child who has asked to take my book to school. I don't think it would go down well-might freak them out somewhat. Maybe when they are older.

Tonight we are off to the Hong Kong House whilst dad goes to church-he does the full complement of services at Easter. We are then meeting friends I've not seen for a while. Sadly Lola's uncle James will not be joining us as planned; he won't be leaving Surrey until tomorrow.

Time has flown by since I came down. Only 3 days to go now. Then it is back northward for a stint at home. Let's hope I'm refreshed in a week when I have to return to the university.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment