Saturday 7 January 2017

Hints of the Mediterranean.

Can you believe that 7 months have now past since dad and I went to Sorrento? Certainly not as warm and pleasant now as it was then. You may recall that barring a couple of wondrous dishes I was somewhat underwhelmed by the food. Pasta and pizza are just not my thing.

Now as I pay the price for overdoing things yesterday and still feeling somewhat deflated after that health check of earlier in the week I have followed some advice and gone back to those Mediterranean climes to eat. Well she did say fish and olive oil. If your views on my culinary posts are anything like that which I get on Facebook you may always feel hungry when you read and have some admiration for the diversity of my kitchen adventures. My take on Tuesday was that that all had to stop and that was what made me feel so miserable.

Yet with my books, experience and enthusiasm as well as what some consider skill it can't be all that bad. I didn't fancy anything bony so pleased to find some line caught swordfish steaks in the Supermarket. And what a revelation, seared in a griddle pan then topped with a dressing known as salmoriglio, some bread and tomato and cucumber. Makes me feel most virtuous.

Is this the new me? Well partially and only sometimes. I shouldn't do it if I follow instructions but roast pork has to return tomorrow. I can't live without pork but perhaps I should eat a little less of it. I figure if I eat fish twice a week, chicken twice, eggs once and a little nice red meat it is good start. What do you think?

The rest of tonight will be quiet. I plumped for opera over Inspector Morse and having a chilled glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. It was Tony and Josephine's leaving party at The Hedgehog last night. Good night but oh so tired today. So it is back to the duvet on the sofa with Mozart and wine.

And with that I wish you all good night.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment:

  1. Your culinary proposals sound very good to me and you may well surprise yourself as you venture further into these areas.

    ReplyDelete