Saturday 21 January 2017

Early to Rise.

You will probably have noticed on here that I'm not the earliest riser in the morning. Quite the opposite, I max up my medication and slumber deep. Back in Kent I once slept through an earthquake. Not of course on a par with the terrible disaster that happened to the hotel in Italy in the week but it did nevertheless do quite a lot of damage. Today was an exception though as I was up and almost awake just after 10 am. Managed to watch most of Saturday Kitchen then did a late brunch. In keeping with this diet I had some sprats dusted in seasoned flour then quickly pan fried in sunflower oil. All came out rather well.

On this cold crisp day I fancied a drive in the country so off I went into the sun in search of new places and routes. Where I ended up was The Plough at Datchworth. Nice pint of Cornish ale and a gentle sit down. I also learned the route to a village I have been taken to but never driven Watton at Stone. There is a marvellous pub there called The George and Dragon. A couple of years since I visited but I know it does good food so must venture out there one day.

Back in the warm of my flat I have chosen Beethoven's Violin Sonatas. Wonderful. I really ought to be doing some cleaning but that can wait.

I managed to pick up some diced lamb to do in a curry later. I'm sure the odd deviation from the diet cannot be disastrous. I booked my table for lunch at The Waggoners tomorrow. I can return to healthy living in the week.

Mentally I feel a little bit flat but not low. That dull middle ground those of us with mood disorders hate. But I must recognise that another week is down and despite some blips, it feels often as if I'm never good enough, I'm still managing. I wonder what next week will bring? See you then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment