Wednesday 25 January 2017

Dank, Dismal and Cold.

Dense freezing fog and icy surfaces greeted me as I emerged this morning. The brighter slightly warmer day yesterday deceived us for today winter stormed back. I was not feeling at my best. The inordinate fatigue that came from nowhere a few days ago and my flat mood continue. The gloom of such a dank, cold and dismal day did nothing to lift that. But make it through the day I did.

It was certainly a busy one. Rare I have seven people booked into see me in a day. A couple of no shows gave me some breathing space but such a frenetic schedule cannot be sustained for too long. They just keep coming, endless demand and little clear vision still on who goes where. A new counsellor asked me today what should she refer to me. The answer to that has never been straightforward. Life would be some much simpler if it was.

Away from it all and somewhat tired I am listening to Britten and preaching to my diminishing flock on here. The last few days most of the readers seem to have disappeared. But I hope you come back.

Simplicity ruled on my kitchen tonight. I adapted a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall salad. Intended for lobster I substituted some Cornish crab partnered with apple and cucumber with a little mayonnaise, some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. It was a revelation. Mayonnaise aside healthy food can be good at times.

After this I will once again pick up D H Lawrence, have neglected The Plumed Serpent for too long, must make some progress. So to Mexico I go for an hour, and Britten will play on.

No comments:

Post a Comment