Thursday 5 January 2017

Finally Breaking Out.

Some say at New Year, health, wealth and happiness. All sounds splendid. Well looking back over recent years such things have been in short supply. Wealth and happiness are conjecture, relative and changeable. But health can be defined. And New Year has has not been kind to me in three of the last four years. My throat seems to attract every virus and infection under the sun at this time of year.

The night before last I was shivering so badly I slept with two duvets on the bed. Adding viral madness to a mind already prone to psychosis makes an appalling concoction for night time dreaming. It was a vile night.

The result was utter exhaustion, more shivers, an unquenchable cough and feeling pretty awful. Almost the whole day was spent under a duvet either in bed or slumped on the sofa. Knowing that there is little that can be done about a virus I nevertheless gave in and went to chemist for some form of respite.

Not sure if it is said remedy or the evil virus finally giving up the ghost I woke very late today but feeling better at last. Breaking out of fever can be such a relief.

It is true that I remain tired but on this freezing but bright day it feels so much better. I did pop out for a lunch which was mediocre but nice to be outside. Back home now Purcell's Dido and Aeneas provides this afternoon's entertainment. Now to try regain at least some of my energy. Why do I always get ill at the turn of the year?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment