Saturday 8 October 2016

The Folly of Youth.

The cold that has been brewing all week finally came out to strike in its full venom this morning. Coughing, spluttering and sneezing I quickly decided to abandon my plan to get the bus to St Alban's. It's not really too bad, just a feeling of being under the weather. The hard part is trying to avoid sneezing when I'm driving. I wasn't entirely successful at that but no major mishaps.

On my short venture out I managed to get Rick Stein's new book which came out on Thursday. Surprisingly Waterstones didn't have a copy. Perhaps they sold out. Afterwards I took a little venture out into the country stopping at The Plume of Feathers at Tewin. It's a favourite of Gary and Ali but it is some time since I was there.

Another week is done. More angry troubled students. I had to stay late to deal with something that came up. I was a sullen, angry, foolish and arrogant youth. But I never did anything that did not have consequences that were manageable. It can be a rude awakening for our young charges and they are now treated as adults. Yes you can do things you couldn't do when younger but you are also responsible. This is an element some of our students really struggle with and can lead to disaster.

The rest of the weekend will be hampered by the cold. Nothing much but I don't feel like doing a lot. I have some lemon sole fillets for my supper. I've been thinking about trying sole for some time. I will do it in the oven with a cream, mace, parsley and lemon sauce courtesy of Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide. Hope it turns out well. And tomorrow I will have lamb.

Heading off to peruse my new book now. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment