Wednesday 26 October 2016

That Night in the Week.

I'm doing what I always promise not to do on a Wednesday evening. Namely looking at screens. It is my night off all that to catch up on my reading and listen to cultured music. Tonight it is Handel, a fine recording of Belshazzar. I only noticed as I was taking the CD out of the box that it features Arleen Auger. I once sang with her many years ago. It was on probably our worst recording although she was amazing. Well not quite, she made a mistake in the first line of the first take. I suppose even the greats get things wrong sometimes.

You find me music aside mainly recovered from last week's malady although the sore throat and cough are stubbornly hanging on. Mentally I'm in good shape. An occasional irritant comes along but I'm setting those aside better. It is shaping up to be possibly the busiest work year ever. And I thought it couldn't get any worse than last year. But I'm still sailing serenely most of the time and riding the occasional wave that threatens to knock me off course.

The cooking of which I wrote last time I was on here did not exactly go to plan. The rabbit stew needed much more cooking so was rather tough. What's left has been cooked more and resides in the fridge mingling. I will pass that on to my neighbour Richard later. In contrast the Gloucester Old Spot sausages were great.

As I'm away at the weekend I have little in stock. Katherine's whirlwind wedding is on Saturday. She sought so long to find someone then a chance party brings a face from the past and I hope the rest will be history. I will stay at Beka's although the arrangements are a little tricky as she has double booked Friday night. I may be left prowling the streets of Greenwich for a couple of hours then.

Just a few days and Halloween will herald the end of October. Will that bring the cold finally? We will see.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment