Saturday 1 October 2016

Chasing the Rainbow.

This morning did not dawn very promising. I didn't really see the dawn but when I got up comparatively early for a Saturday I was confronted with steady rain and a noticeably cooler outlook. The night have certainly been chillier, shivered in bed in the week and have now dug out my winter duvet. I ventured out in the rain but bought little.

Stopped at The Waggoners for a nice venison stew on my way back then popped in the butcher. I fancied roast pheasant but they didn't have any. Got some nice pork shoulder instead. A prawn curry will adorn my table tonight, cooking energy is now restored.

This afternoon the sun came out and I expected a rainbow but there was none in sight. Some rather wealthy friends of mine who own a grand Georgian country house posted a beautiful photo of a rainbow over said country house on social media. I really must venture down to Devon some time to visit them. Maybe I will find a rainbow.

A year on from the disastrous opening week to last academic year, after a chaotic and potentially overwhelming start to this year I'm feeling pretty good. It is going as it should, my confidence is not shot yet and I am managing the days much better. Not too much brooding at night either. It is early days but I will break things down each morning, do what I can then come home to be me. That is a wise way forward.

I probably won't blog tomorrow as the NFL is on in the afternoon with Jacksonville and Indianapolis squaring off at Wembley. The usual evening fare of course accompanied by the pork and a glass of two of Medoc. Have a happy Sunday everyone and see you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment