Tuesday 4 October 2016

Patience is a Virtue.

There is something very Morsesque about playing Mozart opera very loudly in the car. I even have a red car although nothing like as grand as his legendary Jaguar. The last few days I have enjoyed first The Magic Flute and now The Marriage of Figaro to accompany my journey to and from work. But today my chill out music was interrupted by an awful journey home.

I'm not the most confident of drivers. I am careful, stick to speed limits and try to follow road instructions as best I can. As I left the campus today I stopped at the keep clear sign and waited. It is there to let the buses in and out. For reasons best known to whoever he was the man behind got terribly irate that he had to wait to turn left. Horn blaring and fist shaking he made me angry. When I got clear on the appalling roundabout by the motorway junction I was cut up even more than normal. Got caught in no man's land at the next motorway junction by someone not knowing where he was going.

By the time I got home I was relieved to escape my car. In times past this interruption of glorious Mozart might have set in motion an evening of irritability. Add on dropping a whole tub of Five Spice and having a pretty disastrous dinner I could have been struggling. But I'm not.

I am sailing serenely on through the chaos. And believe me there has been a lot of chaos. I'm responding to a lot of crises and we have a swollen and turbulent stream of yet more students demanding my attention. All is good despite.

Am I back to my best? Not sure but I know I am dealing with things better. There is a long way to go before I get a chance to rest but so far so good.

Only Tuesday even though it seems later in the week. Tomorrow will come soon enough and we march on. Hope you're all thriving like I am?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment