Saturday 15 October 2016

Autumn Moon.

The rain was teeming down as I stepped of the 18.05 from London King's Cross. Within an hour or so the rain had stopped and the clouds had dissipated to reveal a glorious autumn full moon. Yes we are well under way for what my chums in the States call the Fall. I like October. And with 3 weeks down of the new year at work I'm still thriving.

My reason for being in town was threefold. To shop at Borough Market. To meet my friend Nessa. And to confront the demons of out joint past. And what an afternoon we had. The Grapes as we once knew it, glorious food in the market, late lunch at Brindisa where I went on my birthday with dad an Beka.

I came home sated, poorer and in some respects contented. After all who can resist roast pheasant for Sunday lunch, good bacon for a sandwiches and beef for stew from the Ginger Pig, wrinkly tomatoes, orange cauliflower and incredibly expensive organic baby carrots, followed by marvellous tapas? It should all have been a glorious day.

Yet there was a big but. There are some people on my phone list I dread hearing from. It always leads to trouble or expense or both. And today as I indulged as lunatics only can do I had a missed call from him. My anxiety which to be honest had been stirred earlier in the week on what I suspect was the same matter is just about in check. But I know tomorrow I need to hear the message. Anxiety is the great deceiver. But it can also foretell the truth. I hope the truth is not what I fear but no good ever comes from that source.

So tomorrow may undo all the good of recent weeks. And now, just a few beers, a catch up in The Hedgehog shortly and sleep. Let us hope the latter comes easily.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment