Saturday 22 October 2016

Carpet of Leaves.

The virus that held me in a vice like grip for several days is doing its best to hang on to me. That grip has loosened a little but I'm not clear yet. As each day comes I learn of more and more friends affected by it. My manager ended up being off all week after Monday. I did make it in yesterday but it was extremely hard going. And I'm tired, oh so tired. The strange viral dreams continue making me less certain when I woke after troubled sleep.

I made it up by 10 am today. Partly because I was so fed up of the dreams and partly because Rick Stein was hosting Saturday Kitchen. Coffee and Stein accomplished I ventured delicately out into the world.

Whilst I live on a housing estate I do not have to walk or drive far to be in the country. And how beautiful that the county is now adorned by a carpet of russet, red, gold and yellow leaves. It may be colder at night but this autumn has not been too bad. Not seen any morning mist sadly but out there I appreciate the season.

On my travels I picked up a rabbit to make into stew on Monday. I've only ever cooked rabbit once but it was great. I think I will stew it in game stock with bacon, onions, thyme, bay and juniper then serve with some mashed potatoes and carrots. Also got some Gloucester Old Spot sausages the love of which I have written of before.

Tomorrow there will be no opera as my beloved LA Rams are playing at Twickenham in the afternoon. I was offered a ticket but at £80 it seemed an expensive afternoon out. So the TV will suffice.

The weekend is there for the taking but I lack the energy do much more than that. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment