Wednesday 19 October 2016

Scything Through the Office.

A mystery illness is cutting swathes through my office at work. Flu? No. Viral? Probably. Unpleasant? Certainly. Debilitating? Absolutely.

What started as a low level cold for me a couple of weeks ago has evolved into something a bit more sinister. Had I not been teaching yesterday I would most certainly have stayed home. Indeed my manager and one of our administrators were felled yesterday. I'm felled today. Who else tomorrow? Barely able to speak when I woke at 6.15 am and wracked by constricted throat, awful cough and violent sneezing I left a message in the office and went back to bed.

After finally emerging I briefly ventured out for lunch and a foray to buy food. Home now I'm exhausted. Cocooned against the shivers I plan to do little but listen to Choral Evensong on the radio this afternoon. An attempt to cook will be made later then rest, rest and rest. It will run its course.

I'm saddened that my run of recent success and better wellbeing has been temporarily halted. There is so much to do there. I should have seen 6 people today as it certainly hasn't slowed down. There is also a crisis brewing to which people think I am the answer. Yet all I have are words. I cannot solve everything.

Feeling bad aside yesterday's teaching was a great success. All this despite the throat problems. I do like doing some teaching every now and again but each time I always fear I will run out of material. Teaching is so hard if people don't respond. I guess that is the challenge, getting people to talk.

I shall retire to the sofa now. Do keep well out there and avoid this lurgy for it is not nice.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment