Sunday 9 October 2016

Good Food, Good Wine and Good Rest.

Sunday is here again. I'm still sneezing away but feeling better than I did yesterday. I slept long and have had a gentle day. I returned to Puccini to join me as I read and am now continuing my recent strings obsession with Mozart Violin Sonatas. Funny but to me this could almost have been written by Beethoven rather than Mozart. Oh well, I'm a fan of both so can appreciate such similarities.

The short time I did venture to shop on Friday I found some nice wines on offer. Still pricey but splashed out anyway. So with my wonderful lemon sole yesterday I had a glass of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc and today with my lamb that is slow roasting a glass of Chateauneuf Du Pape. Such buys are only really made by me at Christmas but sometimes my desire gets the better of my bank balance.

Fed, wined and rested the weekend will I hope come to a fine finale before going back into battle tomorrow. There is an awfully long way to go but I'm determined to try to avoid the meltdowns of the last 2 years and make this a year of progress not regression.

Miriam has been visiting dad this weekend. I'm hoping to follow that trail at the beginning of November. It has been too long really. By curious coincidence my cousin Cedric has indicated he will visit dad that weekend too. So hopefully we can have a lovely lunch somewhere in the country.

Until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment