Sunday 18 September 2016

Holding Court.

On my travels yesterday I learned that The White Horse at Burnham Green is changing hands. Tough old life being a publican so who can blame them for moving on. I'm hoping an establishment as old and well used as that remains but in this day and age who knows. Had a very good lunch there yesterday with a simple Caesar salad with ultra fresh crisp lettuce and some lovely marinaded anchovies.

My own efforts in the evening were not quite so successful, too much tamarind in the Rendang and stodgy awful rice. Back on the Sunday route today so a chicken stuffed with half a lemon, some thyme and rosemary has just gone in the oven to roast. Oh so such a splendid idea roast dinners on Sundays.

The Sunday vibe is sticking well today. I've listened to Handel and now moved on to the Coronation Mass. The paper is read and fears for tomorrow are limited.

That lack of fear partially stems from doing something different for a Monday. Once again I will be holding court in a training session. This time it is the Law School coming to hear my words of wisdom. Another huge group though which makes it much harder. Wisdom to convey or not I've rarely had a training session where it didn't go well. Let's hope the next instalment goes just as well.

The rest of the week looks uncomplicated apart from Friday when I have to go to London. There I have to make decision that may have far reaching consequences if I make the wrong call. Left in my hands I have no power to do anything yet once again I have the responsibility. Sometimes that sits very uneasily with me.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment