Saturday 17 September 2016

Saturday Chores.

Some days we need to just get on with it. Having neglected my flat during my lovely holiday time turned today towards domestic tedium. Dull but necessary but I now have a clean bathroom, kitchen, less dust and clean sheets.

On to much nicer things I made some Rendang paste which is now fried off with lemongrass and beef skirt, simmering in coconut milk with fine cinnamon from Spice Mountain and tamarind. That will bubble away for the next 2 and 1/2 hours until tender for supper. I actually did well at the butcher with good bacon, Gloucester Old Spot sausages, cheese and a chicken to roast tomorrow.

The week has been okay. I rather underestimated the quarter of the moon in my last post, a couple of days later we were treated to a glorious full moon. Didn't have any related crises at work, you will be surprised how many of us really are lunes. A week in I still feel fairly okay. In a better place than a year ago with some training and knowledge even if extra duties are the last thing I need. We interviewed on Thursday and am praying the woman we offered to will accept-she was that good.

Of course the onslaught won't really start until next weekend. That is when the home students come back and term starts Monday week.

Had a long chat with dad last night, good to speak. Must pay him a visit soon. Miriam is away in Portugal and have missed talking to her. Must rectify that when she is back.

For now though it is time for tea, a little American football from Thursday night and then perhaps a film after my Rendang. Have a good weekend all of you.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment