Tuesday 13 September 2016

Hot Enough Yet?

A pale three quarter moon presides over a still, stifling evening. Night is drawing in on what has been the hottest September day since 1911. That is a very long time. It was a day for Pimm's at the beach and paddling not sitting in an office. My travels took me out and I cooked as I walked. What a day.

I'm back in my reality. A little like the phoney war of 1939 where very little happened we are quietly waiting for the explosion that will be in a fortnight. I got a little bit done but it was hard. Not many people about today so quite laid back. When will it change?

All is not so well in my sporting world. Harlequins and West Ham both lost, the latter in a dismal arrogant disaster. Worse still the newly reformed Los Angeles Rams were truly embarrassed by their hated rivals in San Francisco. I'm still making my way through the 1st quarter and I shudder to think what I will see later. Not a good start.

Despite these setbacks I remain more upbeat than a year ago. I will sit on an interview panel on Thursday that will bring reinforcements. Will it be enough? Any extra helps. A brave new world may be ahead with processes and offerings radically changed. Such changes inevitably take time so maybe when I write next September we will know more.

In the mean time a day at a time. Today brought new boots and simple chicken marinated in thyme, Dijon mustard, honey and rapeseed oil. Good things must be appreciated and each helps me along.

Keep going out there in this heat. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment