Sunday 11 September 2016

Twice Cooked Pork.

Hello on this lovely Sunday afternoon. How are you all? Hoping those who can are having a day of rest, of fine food and general goodness as the weekend progresses.

And me? I'm home listening to Handel and slow roasting shoulder of pork. My love of pork is well known on this blog but pork roasted 2 days in a row is unusual even for me. The wonderful Szechuan dish twice cooked pork is an all time favourite of mine but today's twice cooked does not refer to that this weekend.

Rather having sublime loin of pork with roast cauliflower yesterday at The Hole in the Wall. For those not in the know it is owned and run by former Masterchef finalist Alex Rushmer and is truly magnificent. Check it out http://www.holeinthewallcambridge.com/ .

Following on in a slightly more amateur way is my own effort at a lovely Sunday dinner. Just seasoned with salt and pepper it will roast for 4 hours on a low heat and be served with roast potatoes and 3 different vegetables which have yet to be selected. I always eat well on a Sunday.

This is a particularly important Sunday though in the sense that after several months break the NFL returns to our screens and each week I'm consumed by 4-5 games to feast my eyes on. I enjoyed Thursday night's efforts from Denver. Of more interest though will be my beloved Rams on late tomorrow night against the hated 49ers. History will be made as the storied Rams franchise plays their first game based back where they belong in Los Angeles.

I'm not too worried about the other reality tomorrow. The alarm as noted yesterday will be a severe test. That is always a given. I haven't looked at any e mails for days so that will be the first task to wade through. I guess the rest we will find out when I get there.

Back to Handel now and more reading.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment