Wednesday 21 September 2016

Taking the Lazy Option.

Rain permitting I normally walk between our two campuses rather than drive or catch the bus. I quite like walking although my post smoking weekend walks have subsided recently. It gives me time to think. Today in an act outrageous laziness I took the bus on a balmy September morning in the sunshine. I simply couldn't be bothered to walk. That said I had walked there and back the previous two days so not an entire week of gratuitous sloth. On the rare occasions I do get the bus I quite enjoy watching the world go by. Really should do it more when visiting other places.

It is now the evening of the Wednesday of my second week back at work and so far I haven't fallen off any cliffs. A couple of things have irritated me but I home with my opera and once I have completed my post I will set about starting Our Man in Havana. My latest escapade.

I kept simple earlier, bangers and mash with peas. But appearances can be deceptive for these were no ordinary sausages. They were Gloucester Old Spot. Is there a more glorious pork breed than the Gloucester Old Spot? I'm sure our wonderful Spanish friends would champion the acorn fed black pigs. And they would be right. But I would put each on the same pedestal of brilliance.

Verdi is my accompaniment tonight as I continue my surprising stability. Funny that I expected this close to the start I would be wracked with anxiety. I'm not though and that can only be a good sign. Mood is a little neutral but I can live with that. I must not forget that so many I have met on my journey never found the magic that for me is Risperidone. Recovery for all we trumpet it is a relative thing. I remained disturbed by the idea that it is a model. More on that soon as I have just been invited once again to teach a number of budding clinical psychology doctors. That will be fun.

And with that I will leave you, the book beckons. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment