Wednesday 7 September 2016

Is It Finally Working?

The air is heavy and still. The sun finally burst through just as I was leaving a country pub. Is this what we call an Indian Summer? I don't know what constitutes such an event but I sure as hell am glad I'm not in the at times stifling office at work.

After another night of bad dreams I woke up very anxious. I really struggled to get out of bed as well as chastising myself for not doing so. Why has the anxiety returned? I'm on holiday so what is there to worry about?

I suspect part of it is the ongoing saga of that wretched phone. When I saw Kiwi Sarah she commented on needing an upgrade. It was a year overdue. But I certainly wouldn't have bothered had I known it would be this much trouble. After my fourth trip to the shop the early signs are that it is finally working. A test text to Jayne elicited a response. Nothing back yet from Dory but I know she went back to work this week.

My trip to town was not wasted. I spent on a couple of vouchers that I was given, one by dad and one by work. Both have a few pounds and pence left over but not worth anything. My gleaming prize though is Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's mighty new book. I struggled to lift it let alone read it. But I looks forward to it. The other voucher from dad paid for a jumper in the sale at John Lewis. Once winter arrives that will be useful.

After shopping as I'm wont to do it was a country pub. This time The Goat at Codicote. Lovely village, can't understand why I haven't been back for 4-5 years.

Home now in time for Choral Evensong on Radio 3 and a glass of Pimm's. Yes I know it out of season but it is like summer's day out there and I want to cool down.

You won't hear from me until I'm back from Cambridge now. Until then, take care and I'll see you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment