Friday 1 April 2016

Lost Compassion.

Had I posted on here yesterday as I had intended you might all have felt I was back at a low ebb in this topsy turvy week. In contemplative mood and having survived the hated day in court I was questioning where my compassion for the mad had gone. Had I become so cynical that I had betrayed my own brethren? Was I letting my stress, disillusionment and anger cloud what I went into this business for? It felt like that. When I teach my nurses, social workers, psychiatrists and clinical psychologists the most important thing that they can learn from me is that the day one loses one's compassion for the mentally ill get out of the business.

It did not feel very nice. Yet on a day on which the sun shone, I did some good and had my first Pimm's of the season I have moved on. Yes I did good today. Sounds like a football commentator. I came away from there tired but in a better place.

On the way home I discovered that the marvellous Albarino that has been glaringly missing from Aldi's shelves has returned. Like a man weakened by famine I rejoiced at that. Tomorrow I must decide my culinary adventures for the weekend. There is a small chance if I wake up early enough I may catch the bus to St Albans. But more likely shopping, the Turkish barber and perhaps lunch in a nice country pub. Talking of Turkish I was informed today that there is a Turkish bath locally. A gem I discovered in the Middle East I have always said that were money no object and I bought a big house I would build or install a steam room or sauna. So invigorating, I feel reborn.

More tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment