Saturday 16 April 2016

Three Weeks In.

It is hard to believe that the Boat Race took place three weeks ago. And with it the Pimm's season. Yet the lack of sun, abundance of heavy rain and the cold of the last couple of days have rather curtailed my guilty spring and summer consumption. A single glass is all I have managed. And none today either.

After a long week of loss, breakdown and near misses I was relieved to limp home yesterday still standing. I had a couple of possible plans, Borough Market or St Albans but with the rain and the exhaustion I stayed home. Made it out of bed fairly early but all I managed was a bit of TV, a little shopping and now back for more TV.

Of course I'm cooking as well. Trying out a sort of beef and pasta stew from Croatia featured in Rick Stein's most recent travels. It smells good so far. Inspector Morse is on but I only have half an eye on it.

What of tonight? A film maybe. Tomorrow brings roast pork, a walk, a little reading and my new Verdi opera Oberto.

Might come back on here tomorrow, will see how the mood takes me. Bye until next time.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment