Sunday 24 April 2016

A Northerly Chill.

Winter decided to bite back today. A bitter wind from the north has made life decidedly chilly on this Sunday afternoon. The London Marathon is on although I've never had a particular interest in that. There is also a cup semi final being played at Wembley. No interest in that either. For me the usual quiet day of rest, cooking and opera is in full swing.

The pork chop last night was a revelation, the best I have cooked since leaving Kent behind and losing Mandy as much butcher. Today it is a chicken. I will stuff it will lemon and thyme then give it a couple of hours to cook. The last of my Albarino will be consumed with it.

As for the opera I have been blessed thrice over. Offenbach this morning, Verdi with my trip out in the car to a country pub. And now Mozart as I move ever closer to an evening before the day after. Yes the weekend has gone too quickly as ever. My intention today was to get up a little earlier and have more of Sunday to enjoy. Come 10 am I turned out for another half hour. Next I knew an hour and a half had gone by and my plan went awry.

What will next week bring? Another long slow burner I suspect. The last few weeks have taken an age to go by when I'm working, and flown by when I'm not. But with each passing day I get closer to my trip to Cambridge for Don Giovanni. Jayne is looking forward to it so much she got the wrong week and was expecting me yesterday. We must wait.

Wherever your week takes you , have a good one.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment