Sunday 30 November 2014

A Fond Hello.

Some of you may recall that almost a year ago I was delighted to hear from my old friend Ros. We met in the summer and had a fantastic day rolling back the years.

Fast forward to today and I'm still struggling with my recent downturn in my mental health. I managed to get away to Cambridge for a few days. It was good although I remain dead tired. My mind is stirring again but not in a position just yet to face my normal Monday morning world.

Intent of updating my colleagues I found my inbox clogged with more than 60 e mails. I didn't open much. What I did open was a delightful surprise. For there was another voice from my past.

I left Bernie Rosen's world of arrogance 20 years ago. Today a voice from those days came back in the form of an e mail. Huge shout out hello to Vanessa, so pleased you too found your way in life. It is wonderful to hear such a voice and to know that not all was bad with those long ago. Recovery clearly exists in my life and hers. Bernie got it very wrong with me. Some no doubt he helped but not me. Yet I did find my way. And despite the last couple of weeks I will bounce back and continue on that journey.

Tomorrow brings December. Time ticking by. Things to be done but as yet I can't face doing much. I will stay home tomorrow and take each day as it comes. I will call again for a Doctor appointment but won't be holding my breath. Take care all of you out there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment