Tuesday 4 November 2014

Silver Frost and Pale Sunshine.

A sharp silvery frost lit by a pale autumn sun greeted me early this morning by the lake. It's surface is covered in the detritus of the fall and nothing moved at all. A classic autumn morning. The cold has come, the leaves are falling, and the season marches on. By late morning that sun had melted it into a glistening dew. So started a day of much and change. It is coming whether we like it or not.

I'm still doing well with All Souls and All Saints days disappearing into the past. Life feels good if busy so on we go. I am buoyed by a rather splendid book I bought in a charity shop when I visited dad. Matthew Fort the food writer, broadcaster and journalist toured round Sicily on a Vespa some years ago. A scene featured in Rick Stein's Mediterranean Odyssey in which Fort enthused about simple fresh ingredients. The book of that adventure Sweet Honey, Bitter Lemons. It is a delightful book that will remind me of warmer times in the weeks to come. I guess that means putting off other books but so be it.

The rest of the week looks okayish so far. Just waiting for calls now to send me off on another made dash. Long may it stay silent. Until soon I will leave you.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment