Sunday 23 November 2014

Seas of Mud and Lakes of Water.

Hello from a very wet Hertfordshire. It has been hammering it down all the day, the grass has turned to mud and there are great lakes of water all over the place. Rather put paid to my plan for a walk in the country via a quick pint in the Cowper Arms. So it has been a day of reading and listening to Handel.

Another week beckons. Christmas is drawing near and I've made no preparations at all. It's not even certain when I will be going down to Kent to see dad. The powers that be seem to require us to open on 22nd, 23rd and 24th-ludicrous. I think I don't have to do that but maybe will have to another year.

I haven't even looked at the diary barring meeting my supervisor tomorrow morning. I'm off on Friday to catch up with an old school friend in Cambridge and thinking of staying the weekend for the Varsity Bowl at Grange Road on the Sunday. Hoping to catch up with Jayne too.

Yet on this Sunday afternoon I'm just living in the moment. A gammon joint is roasting filling my flat with the wonderful aroma of cloves. Let tomorrow be tomorrow, I'm living in today, the here and now. See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment