Saturday 22 November 2014

Stepping Back From the Brink.

As I wrote my last post on here on Thursday evening it felt as if I was teetering on the edge of a cliff. Yes it was that bad. Thank God for Risperidone and a couple of days away from my office. As I write now I'm tired but no longer overwhelmed by anxiety. I do not feel myself but much safer than then.

Being away gave me time to think. Birmingham was fun although we had far less time for our workshop than we were told so most of my part was culled. The conference theme of peer support was I suspect challenging listening for those from statutory services. The local people from HPUFT were there but silent. The groundswell was that peer support belongs to us not the professionals. The risk of professionalising it is that it loses its essence. Maybe but if people want careers after madness it does provide an opportunity. I talk extensively about them and us and changing sides in Charon's Ferry.

There is no easy solution but I suspect that in the unlikely event I apply for and get the job I'm mulling over I will have to find a solution. I had a conversation with a friend about that job. His response was more or less I assume you have applied and if not why not? I remain undecided though.

On another front I finally managed to meet with my tutor. She told me to stop researching and start writing. I now know I have the information I need and a structure I can use. So hopefully I am back on track.

Off now to cook lamb chops with some mint jelly. Might have a nice glass of Chianti with it. Then roast gammon tomorrow. Now all I need is more sleep.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment