Saturday 11 October 2014

The Nearly Man.

My intention was to write this blog yesterday to mark World Mental Health Day but I ran out of time. Yes that day again. As I ever I failed to get anything organised at the University-it takes a lot of planning and the date is awful as it is week 2 of term. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that a small group of students did something on their own. I learned of the existence of a student led mental health group. Fantastic news as they will make far more headway than I ever could.

World Mental Health Day also marked the first anniversary of the publication of Charon's Ferry in paperback. I actually had 2 quite negative comments about it this week. Others though think it is better than the first book. Maybe you should decide:


Away from that though it was the morning after the night before. Yes I attended the grand Flare Awards dinner. And pretty grand it was too. All the important people who wouldn't give me the time of day normally were there. I didn't win so another case of a nearly man-3 shortlistings for awards in 3 years but no prizes. But it mattered not. My work was completely fraudulent as innovation-I merely borrowed from elsewhere. My friend Humphrey did however win a prize for true innovation in his quest to bring mental health services to the his native rural Cameroon. That is a truly worthy winner.

I did very much enjoy the evening along with my friend Katherine who came as my guest.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment