Saturday 25 October 2014

Cultural Pursuits on a Saturday Afternoon.

After all the drama of the last week or so I made it through to another weekend. After rising very late I decided I really needed to get on with some study. So to the accompaniment of Haydn's The Creation I set about re reading some work and checking for other sources I can use in the dreaded referencing section. It was actually quite a productive afternoon reminding me of what I had forgotten. I fear she will move the goalposts when we meet again in 3 weeks but I need to get progressing. There is a group tutorial a week Monday. Given that there are only 2 of us doing this module this semester it could be a cosy affair.

Studies completed I ventured into my other great cultural pursuit and returned to my kitchen. I'm visiting Thailand today with a belly pork curry. I spent some time pounding not 1 but 2 curry pastes and what I anticipate will be a fiery visit to that epic cuisine is bubbling away gently on my hob. Richard is coming to share it with me so to eat in about 2 hours.

I feel I need the rest after this week. Dealing with fall out then had a minor bug yesterday that kept me at home. Some mention stress but I think it is just a chance encounter with something in passing. Despite the last week I don't feel too stressed, exasperated at times yes but not stressed. In 2 months we will be celebrating Christmas. After some consultation I think it will just be us at home this year. Dad didn't feel he or the aga could cope with 9 people; it is after all quite a small house.

Tonight I will don my Panama Hat for a charity event at the Hedgehog in memory of our dear friend Jeff who succumbed to his long battle with cancer 10 months ago. I miss him. He always wore a hat so we will honour him in that way too.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment