Tuesday 28 October 2014

Startling Nature.

I inadvertently startled our resident heron yesterday. I didn't realise he was by the trees as I ventured for a seat for 5 minutes away from the mayhem on a beautiful sunny morning. Off he flew marvellous in his grace, high and clear of that lake. Soon I will say goodbye to the lake as we are moving back to campus in December. As I predicted time is flying, almost November. The NFL is around its half way point. The holiday is looming but there are steps to go before then.

Back in the office I'm desperately playing catch up after the dramas of the last 2 weeks. My diary is getting packed out by the end of Monday for the week. I'm getting anxious about my MSc. Yes I'm reading and correlating sources at home but I need a couple of hours in my office to select data to use for my piece. That can only be done there. But when? In truth I need to do it this week. I'm away visiting dad at the weekend and with a group tutorial planned for next Monday I need something to go there with. I guess I'm praying for a cancellation or 2.

Yet I'm still standing, still coping, still creaking but not overwhelmed. I'm going out tonight for a curry with my friend Hannah. I supported her through her PGCE a couple of years ago. I always like working with education students as I went down that path myself. I wonder where I would be now had I just got the break I needed with a job back in those days. Fate decreed I would never teach. I tried and failed. That was a life time away. What I do now is of more value although financially less rewarded. Many students have noted in passing how glad they are I did not get a chance in teaching. Had chance been different they would never have met me. I cannot help everyone but some value me for my highly than I deserve.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment