Saturday 26 May 2018

Travels to Old Haunts and New.

The heat of the day has diminished only a little. The light is bright and clear even though the day is marching on. It seemed but yesterday that the dull grey, leaden skies of winter were upon us. I have been away from normality for so long. I have forgotten so many things but I'm a lot better.

You may have noticed my absence from here all week but I didn't really get a chance to write. The week was an anxious one as I moved slowly towards my appointment with the Occupational Health physician. The news is good though, he is allowing my back to work. The details are not set up yet as I haven't heard back from Lena. I hope she's enjoying the Bank Holiday and not thinking of things work wise. Perhaps she wants something in writing, a formal report will be forthcoming but I don't know when. I certainly don't want to ask for yet another sick note. So the wait goes on a little longer. And while I wait I have travelled.

So I'm in sunny Kent and this time it really is sunny. Yesterday I spent with my friend Laura and finally got to see her new house that they bought a couple of years ago. So pastures old and pastures new. The planned party didn't really materialise but we had a lovely evening and went to a Beer Festival at The Hooden on the Hill. A new place for me, great fun and great beer.

Now I'm down with dad although he is currently out for a walk. We will eat out tonight but tomorrow we have invited his friends round. They run a chocolate shop which seems to be his favourite venue in Hythe. They invite him to dinner on a Sunday sometimes so I thought it would be nice to return the favour. So roast beef is the plan tomorrow. Sadly our guests do not eat beef quite as rare as we do so will have to adjust.

The plan such as it is is to travel home on Tuesday. If needs be I will take that day as annual leave. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel anxious about going back. Who wouldn't be after all this time? But then who would believe a series of unforeseen events could brings my life crashing down so suddenly? Living with mental illness can be so cruel at times. Yes I've rarely been bored, I have remarkable stories to tell and I've met such interesting people but in the dark of despair there seems to be nothing worth feeling that for.

Must go now as I need to phone Beka. Enjoy the holiday weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment