Tuesday 8 May 2018

Retracing my Steps.

The last time I visited The Plume of Feathers at Tewin winter still held its icy grip on the world. Bitterly cold, damp and desolate I sat forlornly in the depths of my own despair by a roaring fire and mourned the loneliness and failure of my life. Severe depression is indeed a bleak place to be. As I watched the world that day all seemed hopeless as if that world would move on without me and not care. That was a delusion though. My friends and family somehow dragged me back from the abyss and to some form of recovery.

On this glorious day after a glorious Bank Holiday weekend the world of The Plume of Feathers was far more enticing. It was never my plan to go there but with a friend cancelling our intended coffee I took myself off for a drive in the country intending to stop at The Horns. But the road was closed and rather than follow a detour taking me into the anxious unknown I took to calmer routes. Pretty busy there for a Tuesday and despite the attentions of the wasps I spent a pleasant hour there.

Back at home I'm playing Beethoven and putting off cleaning. Given that I won't be back at work until Tuesday at the earliest I suppose I can give myself a leave it day. There is always tomorrow.

Tomorrow also brings another appointment with the psychologist. The way I feel today it seems like it is unnecessary. But of course I know that is just today and tomorrow may be different.

My plans in the kitchen are a little up in the air. I'm thinking prawn curry but is that wise on such a hot day? Do I care about that? Not really I suppose. As long as it is tasty.

For all of you back to normality have a good week. With luck I will join you soon back in the realms of reality.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment