Tuesday 15 May 2018

Cooling Breeze Cuts the Heat

A cooling breeze went some way to combating the heat on my afternoon walk. Given that we are only in mid May it is pretty warm and humid out. Despite the breeze it was hard not to sweat going up the hill. Worth it though I think on a day when I woke late after a poor night's sleep. Not only did I struggle to get to sleep but the unwanted recurrence of bad dreams made things harder.

Those nights do not help my anxious starts to the day. In truth it was a day after a disappointment. Not quite knowing what to expect from my Occupational Health appointment yesterday having to wait to until the 24th May to see yet another doctor was not what I'd hoped for. I'm a bit better with that outcome today than I was yesterday. Certainly that contributed to my difficult night.

Faced with uncertainty this morning I mused on many things to do. But I had not motivation to do them. So the cleaning remains undone, I have not done any of the admin that needs doing and I couldn't be bothered to catch a train to Hitchin to see Jess as she offered to meet. Hopefully do that another day.

Resigned to longer off I must content myself that it is not the end of the world. The doomsday scenario of going over the six month sick pay limit is still a long way off despite my anxious mind. It will not come to that. Should make the most of it really.

I must return to my kitchen tonight after not being able to bring myself to cook yesterday. I have some chicken, maybe stir fry it with some ginger and spring onion and vegetables. I'm hoping to catch up with Sarah at some stage this week.

For now on this warm day I will sit in the cool of my flat, listen to Monteverdi and do a little reading. A bit of culture should never be lost whatever is happening in my life.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment