Monday 28 May 2018

Don't be a Stranger.

We are coming to the end of this holiday weekend. How glorious has it been? And that lightning on Saturday night! I'm also coming to the end of my visit back down to Kent. I have caught up with so many people and once again am reminded of the breadth and diversity of my friends and the support they have given me in dark times.

This afternoon I took a bit of hike up the hill to Saltwood to see my old friend Sophie. What a lovely afternoon we had just sitting in the garden chatting. Is that what grown ups are supposed to do? We worked it out that the last time we met was at Beka's wedding. Made me realise I must try harder not to be a stranger to the people I don't see often.

Back at dad's flat I'm contemplating dinner and a journey home tomorrow. As I feared my anxiety is rising with prospect of a return to work. Still not certain when that will be as I've heard no more. Perhaps I will be enlightened by close of play tomorrow.

Dad is off playing bowls. Not really sure when he will finish but I suspect we will probably go out to eat as there is not much here and the store will shut soon as it is a holiday. I seem to have done a lot of eating out recently. It's a habit I need to curb given how much more expensive the new flat is.

Last night we hosted dad's friends and talked good food, good wine and mental health. Kind of what this blog is about really. Sad to hear yet another tale of a young woman stuck inside her own head and getting little help. Why do we damn such women who those will power deem personality disordered? I have never met her but I've offered to. Will see if they take me up on it.

The cricket at Lord's ended in ignominious defeat which has left England reeling. I have recorded the hightlights but not really sure that I want to watch them. It could be a long summer. With that I will leave you. Enjoy the rest of the sunshine.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment