Sunday 21 January 2018

Melting Snow.

The snow that was falling pretty hard this morning has given way to freezing rain. What settled is rapidly turning to slush and any freeze later could lead to some pretty icy conditions. It is grim out there so for the time being I am staying put.

Am I any further on in my recovery to last Sunday? It feel very static. Anxiety battered me as I lay awake in bed and even after my morning coffee. It has abated slightly now although thoughts of the morrow lurk. Not for work as I'm off until the following week. No for the coming of the boiler man. Once it is done it will be a relief but my mind is drawing all sorts of "it will go wrong" thoughts. I also wonder how I will occupy myself here with noise around having got up very early to let him start work at 8 am.

In the here and now I'm enjoying my opera, the paper is nearly read and I just put some pork in to slow roast. My friend Alyssa is dropping round after she has finished work in the pub to have some too.

I was invited out to Hoxton by my friend Jo for her birthday today but am not really up for doing too much. Really hoping they all have a good time. My capacity for away matches has been curtailed a lot in recent years by that underlying fear that is rarely realised. Anxiety you are a cruel manipulator. I do wish it would release its vice like grip on me.

Must try and ring dad and Miriam later. Want to catch her before tomorrow's flight. Dad seems to be doing much better, back to normal really. That is such good news. Must arrange a trip down to visit him at some point.

Take care out there in these treacherous conditions if you live over here. If reading from afar, enjoy your Sunday and see you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment