Saturday 2 December 2017

Too Classy for Pizza.

Apathetic is probably the best word to describe my view on Italian food. It simply isn't my thing. Nice wine certainly, very partial to a glass of Chianti. You will occasionally find me cooking pasta but when it comes to pizza that is indeed a rare event. So why was it this week I found myself desiring that over rated food? No idea but last night I shared a pepperoni pizza with Bronwen in the pub. It was okay but nothing special. What took me by surprise was the comment of her son Tristan who said merely "I thought you were too classy for pizza". What a buoyant idea, being classy. I don't always feel classy and much of my life I view myself as a failed nobody. But I do like to do my culinary adventures with some style.

The week is over. I bounced back from my disappointing Wednesday. Yesterday was one of frustration after only one of my six students booked in turned up and she was late so couldn't stop. We had an emergency but I coped.

A dreary wet day has followed. It was a normal Saturday of food shopping and wandering. I have a piece of rump steak for dinner, chips are in the oven and about to open a nice bottle of Rioja. I have chosen Beethoven to accompany me for the early stages tonight. Peas, watercress and griddled tomato will round out my supper.

Tomorrow I'm going out with my friend Hass for roast beef. Originally planned for today the challenges of looking after small children led to a delay. But I don't mind.

Advent tomorrow so I will dust off my first King's recording and chill when home. The march is now on for Christmas. I keep hearing Christmas music everywhere. So on we go to a holiday. Enjoy your weekend.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment