Sunday 17 December 2017

Waiting on a Wet Day.

The rain has been coming down steadily here since I got up. Not as cold as it has been recently nevertheless the world looks pretty gloomy. You find me waiting for a call that will come, I just don't know when. After a difficult start to the week the rest has been tense with the boiler threatening to go out at any moment. That is not conducive to a restful weekend. So I wait for Kevin the plumber's call who will no doubt tell me the whole thing needs replacing. A sense of calm does not pervade me today.

Don Giovanni plays which provides a nice distraction. A plate of sprats sufficed for lunch and I have chicken to roast later. My plan had been for Gary and Ali to come round and eat it with me. Sadly he has a stomach bug so they have cancelled.

I'm debating whether to go for a pint at The White Horse. Should I do that no doubt Kevin will call when I'm driving, it was ever thus.

Only three days of work remain before my well needed holiday. Thursday and Friday were not particularly easy there. More crises and demands that are impossible to sate. I simply cannot get people detained under the Mental Health Act just like that. There is process for very good reason. I followed process and that was all I could do.

Spoke with dad last night and he is full of cold. Let's hope he picks up soon. Ros made it to the end of term and got her well deserved glass of wine on Thursday. I joined her by proxy and had a glass too. I'm catching up with Sarah on Wednesday before I head off to Kent.

I will see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some stability and calm. Just can't seem to quell this constant low level of fear. It's not crippling today as it was on Tuesday but it is very tiring. With luck when I escape that fear will be put aside at least for a while.

Keep going out there on this dull day, the holiday is not far off.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment