Wednesday 27 December 2017

Winter's Closing in on Every Side.

Not a nice day out there in the big wide world. Icy wind, freezing rain and flurries of sleet pervade the air down at the seaside. Certainly not a day for a walk as I had planned. I'm feeling a little edgy over whether to risk the drive home tomorrow, from what I hear there is much more snow up there.

Back in the warm of dad's flat he continues to struggle. I have no idea what is wrong with him but he keeps getting the very intense shakes. Not something I have ever seen a virus do. Although he's not said much it seems a little frightening. Not sure what the chances are of getting a doctor out today or tomorrow. Or indeed what they might be able to do. He seems deeply concerned he hasn't felt well enough to go out and get his paper. I should have done it really but not sure of its chances of survival in this when I went out without a plastic bag.

My plan to see Beka today has been abandoned. She too remains unwell and very helpfully pointed out that she really doesn't want to pass this illness on to me. I am however going out to meet Beth at 4 pm. She has a new partner who apparently is keen to meet me. Always makes me wonder why.

That I'm memorable to some was evident last night. Out for a beer with my old friend Anders I bumped into my former housemate from JB's Luke. He introduced me to his girlfriend who said she remembered me from years ago when I used to sometimes go to The Frenchman and as bar manager she used to chuck us out at the end of the night. I don't recall although it was kind of her to describe me as one of the nicer customers. Not sure I've been in that pub in the last fifteen years.

My mind needs to slow down. It has been relatively still since I got down here. Now with thoughts of dad being unwell and snow stopping me going home it is stirring. Please do not go into overdrive now. Illness aside though it has been good to be away.

If I'm to stick to my avowed intention to write no more than twelve posts a month I only have one left. But to hit an average of twelve I still have one to play with. I'm not sure when I will see you all again but until then wrap up warm, stay safe and take care. I will try very hard too.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment