Tuesday 19 December 2017

Unexpected Home Time

The morning mist was still hanging onto the surface of Stanborough lakes as I drove back through glorious winter sunshine. What a beautiful sight. When I went to bed last night having still not heard from Kevin the plumber I could not have predicted that today would start as it did and I would be home and writing on here.

Given my recent edginess the last thing I needed was to wake up to no water. Eventually I managed to ascertain that a water main had burst. I well recall mum's fear back in Cannongate Road on the days the water company switched off supplies for maintenance. My anxiety went through the roof as I drove in, never quite knowing can be so crippling.

I'd only been in a short while when I heard from the boiler people who told me they are coming this morning. Cue dash back home to an uncertain morning. Buoyed by the winter beauty I was hugely relieved to discover the water is back on. Now all I have to do is wait for the boiler man. Let us hope he comes soon.

After work I'm going for a drink with colleagues at The Red Lion. They are having a Christmas dinner but I elected not to eat. Instead when I get home a small rump steak awaits and will do some oven chips. Perhaps a glass of Rioja to go with it.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm going to The Neem Tree with Sarah after finishing. That should be fun. She hasn't been well but is I hope on the mend now. Then on Thursday morning I brave the M25 and head to dad's for a week. Will be good to get away.

Once the anxiety has been shifted I'm hoping my mood will rise. It's not low but the constant worry can take its toll and lead me to dark places.

See you all soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment