Monday 25 December 2017

Only the Cheese to Go.

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!! Hope you're all having a marvellous day with friends and family. It's blowing a gale here in east Kent but not too cold and the rain held off.

I'm feeling very fat with two courses down and only the cheese to go. Things did not go as smoothly as we hoped, dad and Beka both unwell so we were down to four for lunch. But we made a heroic effort between us and there is not quite as much left as I feared. That said we could probably have fed another three to four people.

Getting to Christmas was a long time coming. Slowly I'm recharging my batteries away from the University. Come New Year I will have to gird up my loins and face another gruelling battle. Thinking back all those years when I fought so hard to get a job it felt as if a job would be the final piece of the recovery puzzle. Of course now I know the puzzle is forever changing shape and is never quite complete.

The plan such as it is is to stay here until Thursday. That may change if dad remains unwell. I keep telling him to go to bed but he's still sleeping on the sofa. Let us hope he feels better soon.

And with that I leave my kind readers. Hope you have all enjoyed the day and I wish you well for the coming year.

I Heard a Voice.

PS And now to the cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment