Saturday 28 October 2017

Hearty Food Against the Chill.

The mild atmosphere of recent days has disappeared. In its place a chillier sharper day. The heating clicked on for the first time although only briefly this afternoon. Thankfully my fear re the boiler and heating coming on have proved false.

As far as I can tell last week went well. Short in the sense I only worked four days but long in content. I think I did quite a lot of good. Uplifted after a tough Friday by that feeling and the comment from a very troubled young man that "you so get this" and buoyed by the generosity of another young man deep in depression presenting me with a sketch of a pig in a little black frame I feel contented. If you have been to my flat you will know I like pigs.

Saturday was just Saturday. I have chosen to spend this weekend with some me time. Yes I will go to the pub later but I did not issue any invitations. Had some excellent Singapore noodles with Yang while my watch was being repaired. In the supermarket I found fresh sprats, at last winter indulgence. A hearty venison casserole is in the oven and smelling divine. Just what is needed on this cold day. A bottle of Rioja breathes and The Magic Flute plays. A good way to spend a weekend.

A single rib of beef is in the fridge to be roasted o so rare tomorrow. I do sometimes live so well. Yet I still get downhearted despite all the good in my life. Driven by these sudden crippling stabs of anxiety I teeter on the edge of despair sometimes. Fortunately today is not one of those days.

May you all enjoy the rest of this weekend, wrap up warm and be indulgent. And while I'm at the good cheer a huge well done shout out to Ros on her efforts to appease the inspectors; you deserved that night in the pub.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment