Wednesday 1 November 2017

Nearly Full.

A huge yellow moon lit up the sky as I drove home through an unusual amount of traffic having left work late. It was not quite full and I look forward to the splendour and pomp when it reaches its monthly zenith.

Given the intensity of the day the moon may well have been full. Yes some of my brethren are affected by that. What a day. Had everyone turned up I would have seen seven people including an emergency. My manager had to deal with three emergencies. It seems it is all going off.

Yet as I sit here listening to Tosca with a glass of Rioja I feel contented and serene. This week has thus far gone quite well. I believe that come Friday we will have reached the mid point of term.

Given how self critical I can be it surprised me to learn from two people today how much they admire how self aware I am. I call it criticism but as is often the case the mirror we see for ourselves in our self destructive way is not what reflects back to those around us. At my worst I am convinced no one wants to be around me and they just humour me. But that is to do a disservice to my many varied and kind friends.

So for just a few days I will put aside my self doubt and self pity and say I'm doing okay.

Rare steak helped set me up for opera night. The Rioja is a favourite of mine and I always love revisiting Puccini. There is cause to celebrate in my indulgence, my friend James got engaged yesterday on his 35th birthday. I have a horrible feeling he will require me to go on some debauched stag weekend. I'm getting too old for that shit so maybe I will politely decline.

We're hurtling towards the weekend so on this first day of November, keep going and enjoy being in the present. If your present is not good fight for better. Sometimes I struggle to do that but today I won.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment