Monday 23 October 2017

Gently Melting Away.

Hi everyone, you don't often see me on a Monday. But here I am on this chilly day, away from work and feeling splendidly calm. The Marriage of Figaro plays in the background, I have done some cleaning and some reading. And now to speak with you all.

Today is a sharp contract to yesterday. It was a day filled with anxiety from the moment I woke up at 8 am to the moment I stepped in the door at the end of my day in London. A glorious win for my Rams, a lively and exciting experience and atmosphere the gnawing anxiety underpinned everything. But make it we did although leaving at the half was a shame.

Now a day on that anxiety has gently melted away. I slept well and long, didn't have any worries and have been able to relax.

My trip into town was fruitful, found an unexpected sale and bought a couple of things. My fridge is replenished and I have a pork shoulder joint just coming up to room temperature to roast later. Having missed out yesterday it is imperative to keep up tradition.

After shopping I popped out to a very quiet Waggoners for a bowl of soup and a pint. Got talking to a local businessman about mental health and the world. A useful meeting as he is writing a book and found some of my knowledge helpful. He is a cynic who I suspect whole heartedly endorses Brexit and probably voted UKIP until it no long had a purpose but I did enjoy talking to him.

Thoughts of tomorrow remain distant as I enjoy the peace. My mood is around plus one, not bad but could be better. My recent buzz seems no more than a memory today. Will it come again? Will I cope with what is to come? The answer is an almost certain yes. I always do one way or another but sometimes I do need to step back. No need for that in the present.

With that I'm back to Mozart and my gentle afternoon. Hope you all have a gentle week too.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment