Saturday 21 October 2017

Trees Swaying and Leaves Swirling.

It's a blustery October day out there. As I gaze out of the French doors that lead to nowhere in my flat I can glimpse the sun sporadically, see the trees bending and swaying and whirlwinds of falling leaves thrust upward on the autumn wind. They say there is another storm coming. But it's very manageable here.

Earlier I ventured out for my normal Saturday. The butcher, a few shops and wonton soup with Yang. I bought Rick Stein's new book The Road to Mexico. I decided to spend a little extra and buy in the book shop to keep it afloat rather than enjoy the kindness of the supermarket where it was considerably cheaper. Where would I be without book shops? I'm actually having a clear out of books which pains me enormously but I'm running out of space.

When I got home I finally managed to do some long overdue domestic tedium. I really ought to do some more but currently I'm enjoying a break with Mozart string preludes and fugues and coming to talk to you all on here.

The week that has just gone by was not as tough as the previous one but was long and busy. Still I march on slowly a step at a time. There is really no chance of pacing myself. Others in my team are dog tired already and we are only at the quarter mark of semester A so a long way to go.

I didn't sleep as well as I'd hoped and had some waking anxiety but it has calmed now. I'm thinking of Jayne today as she is not very well. But she has a lots of chocolate for later which she tells me will be her Saturday evening indulgence.

Mine will be the rest of my prawns. Did a wonderfully fiery Thai curry last night with dry curry paste I made myself and basil leaves. Certainly needed so milk after that.

Nigel is coming for lunch tomorrow before we head to Twickenham. I'm glad I booked Monday off for a little respite. I bumped into my third friend named Sarah yesterday and we have a tentative arrangement for lunch at The White Horse at Burnham Green. That will be nice if it pans out.

For now I bid you farewell until next time. Enjoy the weekend whatever you are doing.

I Heard a Voice.

PS The Provencal squid stew was a triumph along with the cheese and wine night at The Hedgehog.

No comments:

Post a Comment