Wednesday 18 October 2017

A Jaundiced Sky.

An eerie yellow light descended on the country on Monday afternoon. The great storm didn't really impact where I live but that sky, almost like it had jaundice unnerved many people and social media awash with photos of a pale yellow or bright orange sun bringing talk of the apocalypse. Well the Four Horsemen didn't appear, the light faded into darkness and life returned to normal.

It was an effect I had seen before with certain winds from the south bringing up desert dust which changed the colour of the daylight and left cars covered in fine orangey sand. That was apparently what happened. Living so far south in Kent brought different atmospherics to even areas inland. The world will now move on with its obsessions with these difficult times.

I have reached the mid point of week 4. For a fleeting few hours when I came home last night I had stopped chasing my tail and caught up with myself. Of course by the time I turned up this morning I was behind again.

In my scale of good I did some today. Working with young people with complex mood disorders can be some of the best things I do. I teach them to live through the buffeting winds of mood swings, slow down the highs and lift the lows. Today we talked of where we want to be and where the world wants us to be, they are not the same thing. Currently I think I'm in plus territory although anxiety remains high. I tick each day off.

Next week will be shorter as I have Monday off. Nigel and I are going to Twickenham on Sunday to watch the Los Angeles Rams play. In the 37 years I have followed them I've never seen them in the flesh. So Sunday should be good.

Back to today though I'm cooking a Provencal squid stew and waiting for Sarah to come round after work to share it with me. La Clemenza di Tito is my accompaniment on this night, not done much Mozart this week.

After the stew I will join Francois and Bronwen for cheese and wine at The Hedgehog, Francois is supplying a fine South African red and I have supplied the cheese. Should be a good night.

See you soon.

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment