Thursday 5 October 2017

Streaming Cold and Weird, Toxic Dreams.

When I posted last night I certainly never dreamed I would be back on here less than 12 hours later. In fact I was expecting to return from the seaside on Saturday. But sometimes the unexpected takes me down a different route.

Every year there is talk of freshers' flu. In the last decade I have avoided it. In fact maybe this year is the same but I woke at 6 am with a streaming cold, sneezing fits and general nastiness. Knowing how full on this time of year can be it seemed wise to stay away and avoid felling the entire department. I don't feel dreadful but I do want to stop anything worse happening so home I am and no doubt people will thank me for that.

I slept most of the morning and emerged late to wrap myself up. As so often happens that sleep was accompanied by some pretty vile viral dreams. My battles with night time chaos are well documented on here. Mainly under control they sometimes come back to haunt me. And always at their weirdest when that evil invention the virus invades me.

This afternoon will be a take it easy sort of time. Got to recover quickly before I get too far behind. Unusually for me I do not today feel guilty for staying home. I'm convinced I did the right thing. Let us hope it is all over very quickly.

The wider world goes on as usual. I have thus far made no comment on the annual lunacy that is the party political conferences that keep us entertained as the leaves fall and the temperature dips. Could the Labour party really have made up what happened yesterday? A coughing fit, a comedic prank and then the set falling apart. Mrs May has been embattled since her surprise election disaster. Surely she cannot go on now after such a comedy of errors at her conference speech?

Only a few months ago I was fearing the lurch to the right that seemed to be sweeping across Europe. Now is the left really rising? Will Mr Corbyn make it as the most unlikely Prime Minister of all time? The coming weeks may decide that although when an election will be I don't know. If he wins when that happens I hope that my belief that it is the politics of fantasy is proved wrong. The moral message is very compelling, but is it real and practical?

My country is now so divided and uncertain. No one knows where we are heading least of all me. Let us hope it is to a more settled and united space than we have now.

With that I return to my duvet. See you when I'm better.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment