Saturday 15 April 2017

Wasted Dreams and Chilly Days.

Welcome to part 2 of my Easter blog instalments. Not the greatest of starts as once again the bad dreams have come back. I didn't feel very refreshed when I woke. But at least I didn't have to go to work.

Stepping outside it was curiously cold for an April morning despite the sunshine. I went out armed with a coat. Not much to report on my travels barring picking up the last pieces for my epic Sunday lunch tomorrow. I did manage to escape with Richard for a pint in the country. Today it was The Plough at Datchworth and The Chequers at Woolmer Green. The latter pub was a new venture for me.

Home again now. I remain chilly but I'm warmed by the Beethoven cello music that I have gone back to. Once again I will cook tuna, this time a variation on a Nicoise salad. I always recall mum ordering it in a restaurant and I forgot to tell her it would be rare. She sent it back. Oh how different generations like to cook their food. Last night's tuna with sweet onion and sherry came out pretty well.

With days all at variance I'm still struggling to orientate myself for this holiday and pick up my slightly dampened mood. Why do dreams so curse me when I'm on holiday? Let us hope for a better night when I finally make it to bed.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment