Monday 17 April 2017

Overindulgence Has a Price.

Something tells me I rather overdid things yesterday. The Easter lunch was a triumph. The fizz was beautiful, the smoked salmon sublime, the lamb and mint sauce divine and the company splendid. But today I'm paying something of a price.

Much as I look forward to Bank Holidays I do find myself at a loose end sometimes. Often a country pub beckons but feeling as I do now beer is the last thing on my mind. The overwhelming sensation when I woke was hunger. Some time since I had a hungry hangover but today it decided to revisit to remind me that I cannot be too overindulgent.

So on a cold grey Monday I have returned home after a fry up and wander in town to go back to Mozart and hunker down to a gentle day. I just feel a little lost.

I'm hoping the rest of my holiday is free from this mass of loneliness that is gripping me. Some days I want to shut out the world and today is that day. What would be better for my sudden self doubt is to seek out the company of friends and go somewhere. But that all feels too much.

The good news though is I get to see the excellent Krishna tomorrow and to eat tapas. She is a vegetarian so not sure what she will make of Brindisa but they do a selection of tapas so I'm hoping we will find something to her taste.

I will leave you to it now, run out of things to say. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment