Friday 21 April 2017

A Triumph of Kerala.

Hello out there. I don't seem able to keep away from my ramblings this month. I did try to promise myself to blog less this year and keep things reasonable but sometimes my arrogance and desire to be noticed overwhelm me.

This escape from work has drawn me more to here to celebrate rather than talk of my occasional despair. It has with the exception of Monday been a lovely holiday. True my sleep hasn't been the best but I am feeling more mentally relaxed with things, less anxious and only occasionally low apart I'm holding my own. Past experience tells me that things do ease off after Easter. Many students will be finished by mid May, the end of the month at the latest.

That can wait though, I still have a weekend to myself to do as I will. Today I went back to an old favourite and cooked a curry. Old in the sense that once I cooked far more Indian food than I do now. Going back on a seldom used but never forgotten book I cooked a Keralan prawn curry with fresh curry leaves, turmeric and tomatoes. It was a mighty triumph. Not sure where that sits from a diet perspective but holidays are holidays.

I will ease off the fine food next week. I still have the wonders from Borough Market in the fridge, definitely trying the cured tuna tomorrow. As St George's Day comes on Sunday I toyed with beef but chose instead to get pork. This will slow roast for four hours of so. I will not be without beef as I have steak for tomorrow. Glass of red with that I think. Rioja is in abundance here at the moment so that is sorted.

Now I will listen to Schumann on the radio and do a little reading. Have a great weekend everyone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment